Monday, September 24, 2018

Creston granary - with and without power lines

Creston granary - with and without power lines

What has changed in the above pictures?  They are the same image, only the one on the right has had all of the power lines removed.  I did this in Photoshop, and it took a modest amount of time but nothing that was unreasonable.  The sky was relatively easy to fix as it was just a matter of replacing the cable with the same colour that was present immediately above or below it.  What really took time was the granary itself as the boards had to be lined up and the fading matched to the local areas I was cloning.

The original image was 12x18 inches at 300 dpi, so the detail was incredible.  I used photoshop CS6 to do the job, but any of the Elements programs or the newer CC series would have done the same thing.  I prefer to use the clone tool instead of the heal tool because I find it does a better job, especially when it comes to precision.  Once you figure out the idiosyncrasies of the tool options, the process becomes straight forward.

I photographed this during our summer holiday this year.  Creston was quite beautiful and I especially enjoyed the bird sanctuary.  The blog I posted earlier about my book was written partly there, and the picture of the kingbirds was taken at the preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment