Monday, April 22, 2019

The making of a monster.

If the monster was to talk, what would it say?
We were at Coombs market yesterday.  Its most renowned feature is the fact that it has a grass roof which hosts goats during the summer.  The whole area is perfect for the eclectic shopper.  As usual, I was packing a camera and discovered an unexpected subject; a one-eyed monster tree.  The original picture, unedited, is on the left.

That was the picture my mind saw the moment it popped into my visual field.  It only needed a second eye, which I knew Photoshop could address.  After bringing the image back to my computer, thought became a reality.  That's the image on the right.  Now I needed a caption.

That's one of the fun thing about interesting photos.  The meaning or effect of an image can change completely with the right words.  Consider some of the possibilities:

  "Squirrel!"
  "That's E-N-T, not A-N-T."
  "Keep that dog away from me!"
  "That was a tasty kite, Charlie Brown."
  "My roots!  Where are my roots?"
  "... and the green grass grew all around, all around, and the green grass grew all around."
  "OK goat, just a little closer to the edge."

If you think of a caption, won't you please attach it as a comment.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment